max_scsi_luns not working anymore ?

Tue Aug 26 08:23:01 CDT 2003

> I've got a IDE-SCSI unit which has two RAID5 arrays configured
> and presented as SCSI ID 0, LUN 0 and LUN 1.  I can happily
> detect the first lun without issues but can't see the second.

You need to add the IDE-SCSI device into the SCSI whitelist in
linux/drivers/scsi/scsi_scan.c.  There's work going on in 2.6 to move
this list to userspace (where it belongs) rather than in the kernel.

See the entries for megaraid and percraid as a template.

or keep doing this:

> echo "scsi add-single-device 2 0 0 1" > /proc/scsi/scsi
> echo "scsi add-single-device 3 0 0 1" > /proc/scsi/scsi

which is effectively what moving the list to userspace will do for you
anyhow.

Thanks,
Matt

--