Debian Woody on PowerEdge 1600SC

Souchon Yann yann.souchon at elca.ch
Tue Aug 26 05:00:01 CDT 2003

Hello all !

I would like installing Debian Woody on PowerEdge 1600SC.
I have visited the best page for this : http://www.domsch.com/linux/.

I have tested all method for loading megaraid driver, I did not succeed.

1. Ronald Sprouse boot floppy : I have tested to boot with this floppy, but
I haven't the root disk.
How I do use this floppy with original CDs ?

2. Nick preload modules : I have tested to load megaraid.o after I have boot
to CD 1. When I load megaraid module, I have error Loading Module Failed.

3. Scott Kveton ISO : I have downloaded
http://oregonstate.edu/~kveton/debian/bootbf2.4.20.iso, and burned a CD with
this ISO.
When I boot, the LSI Logic is detected.
I begin the installation (Keyboard, Initialize a Linux Partition, etc.), and
when I must "Install Kernel and Driver Modules", I have an error :
"There was a problem installing the Drivers from
/instmnt/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/bf2.4/drivers.tgz"

Have you an idea for help me ?

Thanks a lot,

Yann