SMP Kernel problem on PE1750.

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Tue Aug 26 04:49:00 CDT 2003

You are running a pair of Intel Xeon processors, both of which support
HyperThreading.

This uses unused resources on the chip to make it appear as two, so the
reporting of 4 processors is correct.

Note: you won't necessarially get the same performance as a true quad
processor box, but you should get some benefit out of it.

Mark.