SMP Kernel problem on PE1750.

Simon Ashford Simon.Ashford at npl.co.uk
Mon Aug 25 23:04:00 CDT 2003

I am running RedHat Enterprise Server 2.1 (kernel 2.4.9-e24)
on a dual processor 1750 server.  But somehow it claims to
find _four_ processors in the machine.

Seems to work anyway, but I don't trust it...

Can anyone suggest what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Simon Ashford

Simon J. Ashford,                 Email: simon.ashford at npl.co.uk
IT Support Unit                   Tel: +44 (0)20 8943 7032
National Physical Laboratory,     Fax: +44 (0)20 8943 7093
Teddington, Middlesex, UK.        WWW: http://www.npl.co.uk/

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any
attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881
Registered Office: Teddington, Middlesex, United Kingdom TW11 0LW.