2650 with Dell FC array problems...

Cris Rhea crhea at mayo.edu
Mon Aug 25 21:01:00 CDT 2003

I've got a PE2650 with a PE660+PE224 FC array attached. This is running RH9.0.
Has been working fine until now, but this weekend, the 224 started tanking
(heartbeat light on ALL drives blinking orange).  All drives in the 224
(36GB) are in a RAID-5 config.

I forced the array on-line this morning with the Veritas Array Manager running
on a small Win2K partition and things came back OK. It tanked again
(same symptoms) around 1:00PM.

The 660 is showing no errors.

What do I need to run under Linux to figure out what's croaking?  I've
seen references to OSMA, but mostly for monitoring evironmentals
(and causing problems).

Is this something that Dell diags will pick up?

Other ideas?

--- Cris

---

 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25
 crhea at Mayo.EDU                        Rochester, MN 55905
 (507) 284-0587                        Fax: (507) 284-5231