PE 2650 / OMSA / hardware sensors ?

Timothee Besset ttimo at idsoftware.com
Sat Aug 23 07:11:38 CDT 2003

I'm trying to get hardware sensors working on a Dell PowerEdge 2650. After
reading in the archives and the various PowerEdge related pages, I found
that lm-sensors won't work, and that I have to install OMSA.

I grabbed the .deb packages from
http://domsch.com/linux/openmanage-contrib/debian/, and I think OMSA is
running correctly now.

I have snmpd running, and working fine with mrtg for network traffic
analysis. However, I can't see any hardware sensors information when I do
somethink like snmpwalk 127.0.0.1 community .. (I saw
http://domsch.com/linux/openmanage-contrib/dell1550.cfg, but that gives me
empty graphs, so I guess I have to figure out the targets by hand or
something)

TTimo