NFS problems with RH 9

Venkatesh Nagarajan venkat at evafunds.com
Thu Aug 21 13:10:00 CDT 2003

Thank you for you reply.

I tested the same scenario with a solaris 8 machine that has this patch you mentioned. The performance is still very slow. Roughly 200K/sec

My /etc/exportfs on the RH 9 machine looks like this...

/usr/evahome    200.0.1.15(rw)
/usr/evahome    200.0.1.20(rw)
/usr/evahome    200.0.1.23(rw)
/usr/evahome    200.0.1.30(rw)
/usr/evahome    200.0.1.36(rw)

I am not giving any options to mount. I am manually mounting with

mount server:/usr/evahome /test

I have more information....

I have another RH 9 machine and when I mount /usr/evahome using

mount server:/usr/evahome /test

I get very slow performance in the order of 900K/sec.

I would appreciate if some one here can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thank you,
Venkat