NFS problems with RH 9

Tom Georgoulias tom.georgoulias at motorola.com
Thu Aug 21 09:39:00 CDT 2003

Venkatesh Nagarajan wrote:

> I have not looked at solaris patches. Will do so now.

108727-25 is the NFS client patch for Solaris 8 that pretty much clears
up most of the performance lag between Solaris clients and a Linux
server.  Not sure if Sun issued the same fix for Solaris 6 clients, but
it's completely worth your time to search for one.

> Thank you again and I would appreciate any more suggestions.

Please search the archives of this mailing list for a posting I made
about poor NFS performance and the discussion that followed.  There are
a ton of helpful suggestions in there.
--
Tom Georgoulias
POPI Classification