Dual Processor Problem?

Anthony Kaufman anthony at 89glass.com
Wed Aug 20 10:58:03 CDT 2003

We have a PE1650 running Debian Linux as our web server.  In efforts to install a second processor in it, I stole the Processor #1 from our other identical 1650 which we aren't using at the moment.

On boot-up, the BIOS detected the 2nd processor, our website was up and running fine, $ cat /proc/cpuinfo shows the new CPU, but the amber status indicator light is blinking and has been since I started up.  The troubleshooting guide says the light can be anything from temperature to hard drive but doesn't list "bad CPU" as one of the possible problems.

I'm not really sure where to go from here.  It's probably the processor that is the problem but I'd like to be able to verify that before I fiddle around with our web presence.  Any ideas?

Anthony