Dual processor question

Anthony Kaufman anthony at 89glass.com
Wed Aug 20 10:56:01 CDT 2003

We have a PE1650 running Debian Linux as our web server.  In efforts to install a second processor in the it, I stole the first processor from our other Dell Poweredge 1650 (identical) which we aren't using at the moment.

On boot-up, the BIOS detected the 2nd processor: ~"Two 1133 processors"~ and our website it up and running fine, but the amber status indicator light immediately started blinking, indicating a problem.  The troubleshooting guide says the light can be anything from temperature to hard drive.

I'm not really sure where to go from here.  It's probably the processor that is the problem but I'd like to be able to verify that before I fiddle around with our web presence.  Any ideas?

Anthony