RAID-5 expansion / harddisk replacement (with bigger disks) w ithout total data-loss

Pete Burris Pete.Burris at timera.com
Tue Aug 19 19:48:00 CDT 2003

There's an old saying, Nicolai:

"Don't strain at a gnat and swallow a camel."

Good luck trying to save time, but as expressed several times here by
highly-experienced SAs (with the scars to show for it, no doubt), you will
ultimately save yourself a lot of trouble by just backing up, building a new
partition from the new disks, and restoring.

Pete