NFS problems with RH 9

Venkatesh Nagarajan venkat at evafunds.com
Tue Aug 19 13:24:01 CDT 2003

I did some more testing with solaris client and linux NFS server. It turns out that my write speed is fine but my reads are horrible.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Network cable is Ok.
Switch is Ok.
I have tried all kinds of sizes for rsize and wsize with no improvement.

I have not looked at solaris patches. Will do so now.

Thank you again and I would appreciate any more suggestions.

Venkat