2650 .config files

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Sat Aug 16 19:18:01 CDT 2003

Dear all

My earlier message was helpfully replied to by Matt as below so, it being
1am here, I thought it was time to try.

I am patching a vanilla kernel for my PE2650 with grsecurity2-rc2 but no
scsi drivers are produced at all - the mkinitrd returns a No aacraid
modules message but I guess that is just the first hurdle it fell at.

In fact the kernel seems very bare although this may be because I have cut
out things I definitely don't need.  SCSI is definitely included:

grep SCSI .config | grep -v '^#'

produces:

CONFIG_SCSI=y
CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG_QUEUES=y
CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y
CONFIG_SCSI_CONSTANTS=y
CONFIG_SCSI_AACRAID=y
CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7XXX=y
CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX=y
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_DEFAULT_TAGS=4
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_MAX_TAGS=32
CONFIG_SCSI_NCR53C8XX_SYNC=20

Other (standard RH) kernels have a lot more SCSI entries but as far as I
can see, these are not necessary.

I can send the .config file but before wasting bandwidth, is there a known
problem patching the 2.4.21 kernel?  ISTR see some problems with another
2.4.21 patch that is interesting, the openmosix latest patch.

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7768982349       www.quantex-research.com