Poweredge 4200 BIOS Updates?

Peter A. Peterson II pedro at tastytronic.net
Sat Aug 16 08:24:00 CDT 2003

Quoting Dave Sobel:
> Additionally, I did manage to update the BIOS and the firmware, and I
> was able to reconstruct the logical drive so there is the additional
> 16GB available now.

So with the upgrades, you were able to dynamically resize the logical
drive? Cool! I didn't have anything on my first lv, so I just
reinitialized the whole thing with 5 disks last night. I need to order
some spare 51163 boards (those little doohickeys in the sleds) and
then I'll have a hotspare. I know it's nothing new, but man, RAID is
cool.

> Now to get a re-partitioning tool that will do what I want, and I'm
> golden!

I've had good luck with ntfsresize and gnuparted... you could boot up
with a lnx-bbc (http://www.lnx-bbc.org/) or a Knoppix disk
(http://www.knoppix.net/) and do it there. (YOu may need to download
ntfsresize from the net.) Or maybe you already have a license for
Partition Magic. I don't!

Take care, and if you ever find anything cool out about your PE4200,
let me know. I'll be sure to do the same.

Peter