Poweredge 4200 BIOS Updates?

Fri Aug 15 16:30:00 CDT 2003

If they are u160 drives you need to jumper the drive to single ended before
the raid controller will see them.
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Sobel [mailto:dave at evolvetech.com]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 3:55 PM
To: Peter A. Peterson II
Cc: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: Re: Poweredge 4200 BIOS Updates?

Peter:

Thanks -- I have successfully upgraded to A05, but that didn't help
with the recognition of the new drives.  The PERC firmware doesn't see
the two new drives at all.

I'm not so skeptical that it can do the expansion of the logical drives
-- I've seen that done before.  However, I do need it to recognize the
drives.

I have the AMI PERC II controller, but have been unable to locate any
firmware upgrade for that.  I see the AMI PERC, the AMI PERC 2/DC, and
the AMI PERC 2/SC, but nothing for the AMI PERC II, which is what the
bootup tells me it is.

Dell... ?

Dave