Poweredge 4200 BIOS Updates?

Peter A. Peterson II pedro at tastytronic.net
Fri Aug 15 14:25:00 CDT 2003

Hi all,

I have a Poweredge 4200 dual PII-333 running Linux, and I've been
playing around with the RAID, and I have a couple of questions for the
list:

1. Has anyone had any trouble with the current versions of the BIOS
for the motherboard and the PERC? They're several years old, so I
imagine that if there were issues they'd be resolved, but it doesn't
hurt to ask. My current flashes date to 1997.

2. If I flash the PERC, will I be able to add new disks to a logical
drive and expand the drive? It sounds like I might be able to use FAST
(in Windows?) to do that, but I'd rather do it at the console level
(since I don't run Windows on it).

Adding disks to a logical drive isn't really that important for me,
but it would be cool! I'm more wondering if people have had any
glitches with the current BIOS revs.

Thanks!

Peter

--
Peter A. Peterson II, technician and musician.
 ---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---