Upgrading to RedHat Linux 9.0

Eldose Paul EPaul at MEGISTO.com
Fri Aug 15 13:14:01 CDT 2003

Thanks for the info.  When I tried to upgrade after booting through the CDROM created using Dell-Boot-CD-RH9-v0.01.iso file.  Then the machine came back with the comment that no Linux CD that matches with the matching boot image is not detected message and again the upgrade fails.  I haven't tried the boot floppy yet.  Also, I am planning to use the file Dell-Boot-CD-RH9-v0.02.iso to create the boot CDROM.

Is there anything I can compare between the Linux CDs(I have the original one's bought from Redhat) and the boot CDs to see what is mismatching?

thanks in advance
Eldose Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com [mailto:Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 4:44 PM
To: Eldose Paul
Cc: linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: RE: Upgrading to RedHat Linux 9.0

Paul,

Below are both the Boot CD & Floppy filenames and links that resolves
Installation Problems on the PowerEdge 1650 and 4600 with RH Linux 9.

Fixes and Enhancements:

1. Allows you to install Red Hat Linux 9 on PowerEdge 1650 using CD-ROM.
2. Fixes a PCI PARITY error seen when installing Red Hat Linux 9 on
PowerEdge 4600
_________

Boot CD:

Filename:  Dell-Boot-CD-RH9-v0.01.iso