Upgrading to RedHat Linux 9.0

Fernando Ortiz fortiz at lacorona.com.mx
Thu Aug 14 16:14:01 CDT 2003

Hi Paul:

You can find the information on installing RedHat 9 in dell poweredges at
http://premiersupport.dell.com/docs/software/oslin9x/90_update/en/index.htm
.

On page 1-8 of the "Installation Instructions and Important Information"
guide it says

<quote>
Installing Red Hat Linux 9 on a PowerEdge 1650 System

An issue with the boot kernel on the Red Hat Linux 9 installation CDs causes
the
PowerEdge 1650 system to be unable to read the CDs during a CD installation
and the
installation fails. To avoid this problem, boot to Installation/Errata CD 0,
and then follow
the instructions to complete the operating system installation.
</quote>

To get the Errata CD, check the foloowing answer from Steve