BCM5700 on 1750

Anthony Porcano anthony_porcano at kaplan.com
Thu Aug 14 14:04:01 CDT 2003

Again, I have not done this before; however, Dell makes the latest BCM5700 drivers available through their support site. One other option might be doing a non-network install with RH8, and then updating the driver via Dell's rpm package. Ideally I am sure you would prefer to use your network install method, but this might provide you a way to at least get your OS loaded. IMHO, we would all be better off not using RH8 anyway, and sticking to RH9, 7.x, or 2.1AS.

As of Aug 4th, Steve Boley posted this link for the most recent BCM5700 driver provided by dell:

http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/bcom_lan_67_rh_src_A00.tar.gz

Thanks,
 Anthony