Linux compatibility with Oracle 8.1.7 and Dell PE2650

Pete Burris Pete.Burris at timera.com
Wed Aug 13 10:44:00 CDT 2003

Bob,

I would recommend (as Oracle Corp. does) that you only run Oracle on top of
Red Hat Enterprise Linux to utilize such Enterprise-only features as
asynchronous I/O, etc.

I can't speak for the PE 2650, but we're running with the ES version of that
on a PE 4600 (with Oracle9i) very successfully.

Regards,

Pete