2650 .config files

Wed Aug 13 09:04:01 CDT 2003

> Is there anywhere either on the Dell site (I can't find it) or
> anywhere else a set of .config kernel files that I can import into a
> new compilation?  It would save me hunting round for example for the
> correct Adaptec low level device driver to install.

Red Hat includes the config files they use to build their kernels in the
linux/configs/ directory.  You can grab a kernel-source RPM from any of
their mirrors to see what they've done.  Other distros do likewise.

CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y tends to be necessary.
CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7xxx (for Adaptec SCSI)
CONFIG_SCSI_MEGARAID (for LSI RAID)
CONFIG_SCSI_AACRAID (for Adaptec RAID)
CONFIG_FUSION  (for LSI SCSI)

are the basic ones you'd be looking for.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch