Poweredge 6300 Suse 8.2

Tim Schaefer tschaefer at dwcsolutions.com
Wed Aug 13 08:36:00 CDT 2003

 You will have to load the megaraid or megaraid2 modules during
 the install.  You'll have to probably load the Intel modules too
 for the network.  Yast has the options for it, albeit sometimes
 a bit confusing.

 All will be smooth after that.  We put SuSE 8.2 on a 6650 and are
 even connecting it to an EMC SAN.  SuSE install will finish with
 at the end with the modules autoloading on boot, so once the install
 is done, you'll boot without incident.  After that, well, create
 your own kernel, etc.

 If you have any questions please call me, I may or may not be at
 my desk, probably in the computer center.

 Thanks,

 Tim

Tim Schaefer
Project Manager, Data Base Administration
Data Warehouse Corporation, Boca Raton, FL
1-561-237-0082    1-888-707-7600 ext. 223
tschaefer at dwcsolutions.com
www.dwcsolutions.com