Linux compatibility with Oracle 8.1.7 and Dell PE2650

Gavin Durman durman at xavier.edu
Wed Aug 13 08:28:01 CDT 2003

I'm doing the same on a 6650, and the compatible versions are RH7.x (I'm
sure 7.2, and maybe 7.3, Oracle's site or RH's site will have the
exacts) and RH Enterprise. There are several gotchas that I'm running
into that I can document for anyone interested...

Gavin Durman  ---  Xavier University  Systems Administrator
durman at xavier.edu   (513)745-1905    http://staff.xu.edu/~durman

I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.

>>> "Gould Jr, Bob -AES" <Bob.GouldJr at itt.com> 8/13/2003 9:11:18 AM

Help!

I'm constrained by previous development to running Oracle 8.1.7 in a
Linux
environment, but the new server hardware was delivered with Linux 8.0.
need to find a compatible combination of Oracle 8.1.7, Linux and the
new
PE2650.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Bob Gould

Program Manager

ITT Industries, Inc.

Advanced Engineering and Sciences Division

1761 Business Center Drive

Reston, Virginia 20190

703-438-7882 (ph)

           -7880 (fax)

703-217-3901 (cell)

************************************
If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for
the
delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this
message may
contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you
may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this
message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in
this
message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed
by
nor attributable to ITT.