2650 .config files

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Wed Aug 13 08:18:01 CDT 2003

Hi

Is there anywhere either on the Dell site (I can't find it) or anywhere
else a set of .config kernel files that I can import into a new
compilation?  It would save me hunting round for example for the correct
Adaptec low level device driver to install.

Clearly there has to be some modification - whether you have Gb of memory,
how many processors there are (well for Xeons this it is always smp
anyway) but a repository of such config files for all to use would make it
much easier to compile a bespoke kernel since we could import all the
most of the correct options to start with.

Any sources?  Ideally with a minimal and maximal subset of options.

TIA

John

PS Kernel purists might rotate their bits of course - tut tut if you can't
read the manual etc. stick to the standards - but learning is such a
wonderful thing we should all be able to do it.

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7768982349       www.quantex-research.com