breaking a mirror with megaraid app

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 12 19:14:00 CDT 2003

--On Tuesday, August 12, 2003 10:51:58 -0700 ahorn at deorth.org wrote:

> o Delete an existing RADI1 stripe container (NOT the boot drive)

you can do this by offlining both disks in the array:

run dellmgr
Select "Objects"
Select "Physical Drive"
wait for the controller to scan for disks.
Use the arrow keys to move to the disk you want to remove from the array.
Press enter.
Choose "Force Offline/Remove HSP"
choose the next disk...

You may need to use "Force Online" after the array has been deleted in
order to make the disks available for use in constructing a new logical
drive.

> o Break one half of a mirror container and make the other half into a
>   simple volume (This IS the boot drive)

(I've only done this with a PERC2/DC, but the software is the same, so it
should work)

Run dellmgr.
Select "Reconstruct"
pick the appropriate logical drive.
wait for the controller to scan for disks.
Use the arrow keys to move to the disk you want to remove from the array.
press space, then enter.
Select "Reconstruct" (this will execute the change)
The logical drive will now be a one disk "RAID 0" with no redundancy