breaking a mirror with megaraid app

ahorn@deorth.org ahorn at deorth.org
Tue Aug 12 12:53:01 CDT 2003

Hi,

I'd like to reconfigure some of my logical drives while fully online with
a PE2650 + PERC3/DC.

Using the megaraid software (dellmgr?), I cannot find any way to do the
following :

o Delete an existing RADI1 stripe container (NOT the boot drive)
o Break one half of a mirror container and make the other half into a
  simple volume (This IS the boot drive)

I'd like to do the latter without a loss of data or a need to rebuild.
Ideally I'd like to do both hands off without having to physically take
the machine down to BIOS level.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Al