MTX not working with PV 122T

Wesley T. Perdue wes at greenfieldnetworks.com
Mon Aug 11 20:56:00 CDT 2003

Matt,

I can't see any problem with your setup, except for the fact that the library doesn't report an attached changer.  I remember that on Exabyte libraries I've used previously, there's a sequential-access mode that hides the changer from the OS.  Might you library be in such a mode?

I use mtx on my non-Dell loader, which is on a generic box running Red Hat 6.1 with a 2.2.21 kernel.  I use mtx on the device /dev/sg1; my drive is nst0.  My devices info is below.  I hope this helps.

Regards,
Wes
----------
Wes Perdue
IT Manager, Greenfield Networks
----------

[wes at green1 wes]$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: SONY     Model: TSL-11000        Rev: L100
  Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 01
  Vendor: SONY     Model: TSL-11000        Rev: L100
  Type:   Medium Changer                   ANSI SCSI revision: 02

[root at green1 wes]# ls -l /dev/sg1
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            3 Dec 19  2000 /dev/sg1 -> sgb
[root at green1 wes]# ls -l /dev/sg0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            3 Dec 19  2000 /dev/sg0 -> sga
[root at green1 wes]# ls -l /dev/sgb
crw-------   1 root     sys       21,   1 May  5  1998 /dev/sgb
[root at green1 wes]# ls -l /dev/sga
crw-------   1 root     sys       21,   0 May  5  1998 /dev/sga

[root at green1 wes]# mtx -f /dev/sg1 inquiry
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'SONY    '
Product ID: 'TSL-11000       '
Revision: 'L100'
Attached Changer: Yes
[root at green1 wes]# mtx -f /dev/sg0 inquiry
Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'SONY    '
Product ID: 'TSL-11000       '
Revision: 'L100'