AW: PE2650 / Perc 3Di crash

Vincent Blondel vincent_blondel at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 06:00:47 CDT 2003

Hi,

I finally tested compilation of a custom kernel under
FreeBSD with following major changes :

machine         i386
#cpu            I486_CPU
#cpu            I586_CPU
cpu             I686_CPU
#ident          GENERIC
ident           MYKERNEL
options         SMP                     # Symmetric
MultiProcessor Kernel
options         APIC_IO                 # Symmetric
(APIC) I/O

So as you can see it, I enabled a 686 SMP kernel.
Until now, I could easily could compile a complete
test kernel while I was downloading an iso file.

So I will now configure this machine as a web server
and let it run days, maybe weeks so I will see if it
keeps running.

Finally, I looked at firmware revision of my seagate
disks and I see revision 0003.

vincent

=== message truncated ===