dellmgr not working anymore since upgrade to 1.80 firmware

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Sat Aug 9 10:27:01 CDT 2003

> Ok that explains now why the Linux megaraid 1.18f driver doesn't work. So
> you would suggest me to go on ftp.lsil.com and download and use a driver
> from there right as kernel loadable module ?

yes.  megaraid 1.18i is quite stable, megaraid2 2.00.7 is in pretty good
shape, but has had less public exposure, thus may have more problems which
haven't yet been reported, but is in pretty good shape.

> We have two disks to form a RAID 1 logical volume.

Either 1.18i or 2.00.7 should work fine for you.

> Also do you think that this problem will disapear in Linux kernel 2.4.22
> when it comes out ?

I haven't seen 1.18i be included in Marcelo's tree yet.  I suspect the LSI
folks need to submit a patch to him yet.  I know they sent the whole .c
and .h files for it, but I know Marcelo would prefer to see just the patch
sent to linux-kernel.

Thanks,
Matt

--