Memory for Java problem with 2.4.20 kernel

Jay Christopherson JChristopherson at classmates.com
Fri Aug 8 19:38:01 CDT 2003

How much physical memory do you have?  What is the version of your JDK?
Depending on other applications that are running, you could be limited by
memory (although since you are sizing your heap to a max size of 1.8GB (more
or less) I am assuming you have more than 2GB, or are not running any other
processes).

It may serve you better to set your initial size and max size to the same
value, there is less overhead when the JVM does not have resize itself
periodically, but with this case, you need to have a very good idea of the
operational parameters of your app.