bcm5704 Driver disk for RedHat 7.3

Salvatore J. Guercio Jr. sguercio at ccr.buffalo.edu
Fri Aug 8 16:16:01 CDT 2003

Dear List,

Does anyone know where I can get a driver for the bcm5704 that will work
with the 2.4.18-3BOOT kernel? The reason I am in need of this is because
we are evaluating a few 1750s and I need to be able to kickstart them
over the network to RedHat 7.3. and the tg3 driver and the bcm5700
driver that came with the 7.3 boot images do not seem to support these
cards.

I tried to build the bcm5700 driver for the 2.4.18-3BOOT kernel but I
keep getting unresolved symbols when I try to insert the module.

Once the kickstart installation is over I do drop my own kernel on as
part of the post install which does support the 5704 with the tg3 just
fine. I have tried rebuilding the anaconda images to no avail because it
seems the newer kernels are too large for the allocated space by
buildinstall and it just craps out.

Has anyone had any luck netbooting a 1750 to a Redhat 7.3 with the
bcm5704 cards?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

~Sam