Accessing monitoring webpage on Debian

Joshua_Giles@Dell.com Joshua_Giles at Dell.com
Fri Aug 8 11:39:53 CDT 2003

> I note this has been asked a couple of times in the archives but not
> definitive answer has been given.  I've install the two debs from
> Matt's site for the omsa and they compiled, did their thing and are
> running happily
> now.  I'm a bit confused about what to do next though.  I'd like to
> see the
> management webpages as they're described but I can't access
> http://172.16.1.59:1311/  - do I have to do something in inetd.conf to
> make
> it work?  Have I missed an obvious step?

The 2 rpms that are listed on matt domsch's website include the esm.o driver
and the basic dellomsa daemons that use that driver.  This does not include
the omsa web service and cli.  Next step, make it all open source!
:)

> Failing that, is there something from dell that will run on a windows
> box
> and connect to the snmp that's running?  I've tried their openmanage
> software but again I've had no luck, I think the software I was using
> was
> more interested in connecting to the DRAC cards than the openmanage
> software.

Dell OpenMange IT Assistant for windoze.
http://support.dell.com/FileLib/Type.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&Category=36&OS=WW1
&OSL=EN&SvcTag=&SysID=PWE_PNT_P3C_2550&DeviceID=554

Alternatively, all my dreams will come true and we will provide an open API
for all the systems management components so you can do all of it the way
you want.

Suerte,

Josh