Drive Error or not to Drive Error, that is the question

Bryan Ragon bragon at zapeng.com
Fri Aug 8 10:43:00 CDT 2003

Greetings all, I'm looking for some advice.
	We have a PowerEdge 2650 with the Perc 3/Di card.  Three drives, RAID-5.
Drive 0 & 1 are just fine.  Drive 2 flashes green, amber, off and repeats
that pattern.  However the in-use light still lights in sync with all the
other drives.  afacli container list and disk list both show nothing wrong
with the drive or container.  From reading the documentation it says that
that blink pattern may be a predictive drive failure.  Is that the case?
What steps can I take to fix this problem (if there is one)?  the back-plane
is hot swapable, so preferably solutions would not involve rebooting or down
time :)

Thanks,
Bryan