SV: Kernel panic: VFS: unable to boot root fs on

Magnus Arvidsson Magnus.Arvidsson at staff.spray.se
Fri Aug 8 00:05:00 CDT 2003

HI

Im no expert but it seems that you are missing the aacraid support in your congfig file.
Check http://domsch.com/linux/ by the way a great resouce for linux on dellservers.

Some where in the middle there is information regarding this.
*	aacraid for kernel 2.2.x
*	aacraid for kernel 2.4.1 to 2.4.17-pre6
*	aacraid is included in kernels 2.4.17-pre7 already. (enable CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y and CONFIG_SCSI_AACRAID={y,m})
*	aacraid for kernels 2.5.x work pending by Alan Cox. (enable CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y and CONFIG_SCSI_AACRAID={y,m})

Add this to your config file and recompile.

CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y

CONFIG_SCSI_AACRAID=y

Hope that helps.

Regards