PE 2650, ERA and SSL certificates

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Aug 7 15:07:01 CDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to get rid of the annoying warnings that come up from the ERA
self-generated CA and server SSL certificates, by using my own CA and server
certificates signed by that.  That has worked fine with one big glaring
problem:  its customary to use the hostname as the CN of a certificate.
However, the embedded webserver insists on rewriting all requests for
https://hostname/ to https://IPaddress, which of course puts me back where I
started (cert name doesn't match the source).  I could generate a certificate
with a CN of the IP address but that would then break if NAT is used anywhere.

Why does the ERA web server insist on rewriting URLs to the IP address?

Thanks,
Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer