New linux install on PE2400

Matt Egan mbegan at imrac.com
Thu Aug 7 10:50:00 CDT 2003

I have Redhat 9 running on a PE2400. it has a perc2 (Adaptec). Everything seems to be running fine. (only been up a month or so though)

I was able to get the Server administartor (OMSA) installed (sorta a headache) and the afacli works well. So I'm working on some scripts that will send me reports of any bad happenings. (power supply, fan, memory issues, or hard drive failure/overheat).

Install was a breeze. I didn't use the Dell tools to install Redhat.