More then 2G of memory per process

jstoltz jstoltz at nw-media.com
Thu Aug 7 09:47:00 CDT 2003

I got more info from our developers. The problem we are having is the
current limitation is 1gig in heap and 2gig in shared memory. Unfortunately,
exceeding one of these is enough to start failing allocation, so we've seen
ourselves go down around 1.8 gig allocated. (Exceeded the 1gig heap limit at
this threshold, so the fact that more shared was theoretically available
didn't help.)

Will the 4G/4G patch be useful in this situation?

Thanks,
Jeremy