Dellomsa-drivers on Debian 2.4.20 kernel

Jeff Waugh jwaugh at flowcom.com.au
Thu Aug 7 05:00:00 CDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 18:13, Ronny Adsetts wrote:
> It would be nice if someone who has done it could knock up a quick howto
>   for running Debian on Dell boxes, Dell's tools included. Perhaps an
> unofficial deb repository could be setup... just early morning ideas :¬)

Early warning: I'm in the process of doing just that. :-) I hope to host
a page as useful as Matt's, for Debian/Dell users, with packages, etc. I
have yet to fully research the distribution issues with Dell's utilities
though, which may be a roadblock to really useful, Debian-like-ease
packages. My current ones all include binaries. I suspect that will be a
problem, unless I can scrounge permission from someone in Dell.

I'll definitely ping the list when the page and repo go up.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
 Systems Administrator