Accessing monitoring webpage on Debian

Chris Higham chris at timberwolf-uk.com
Thu Aug 7 02:57:11 CDT 2003

Hi All,

I note this has been asked a couple of times in the archives but not
definitive answer has been given.  I've install the two debs from Matt's
site for the omsa and they compiled, did their thing and are running happily
now.  I'm a bit confused about what to do next though.  I'd like to see the
management webpages as they're described but I can't access
http://172.16.1.59:1311/  - do I have to do something in inetd.conf to make
it work?  Have I missed an obvious step?

Failing that, is there something from dell that will run on a windows box
and connect to the snmp that's running?  I've tried their openmanage
software but again I've had no luck, I think the software I was using was
more interested in connecting to the DRAC cards than the openmanage
software.

Sorry if it's all obvious questions, thanks for any help!

Chris.