AW: PE2650 / Perc 3Di crash

Vincent Blondel vincent_blondel at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 01:45:25 CDT 2003

So I took a look yesterday for having firmware
revision of my disks and I coudn't find this
information anywhere ???

BUT I remarked that defaults settings for my Adaptec
Controller configures write caching to off and I am
currently using 2.4.22-pre6-ac1 and still got the
problem ...

The only thing very strange in my case is I got this
problem after few minutes ... NOT hours or days.

As I said it earlier, I will try to find time for
compiling a SMP kernel under FreeBSD to see the
behaviour of this OS.

--- Vincent Blondel <vincent_blondel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I sould look at this tonight when I return to home
> The only thing I can say is I have never made any
> firmware updates until now.
>
> --- Andy De Petter <adepette at skybel.net> wrote:
> >
> > What firmware REV do you have on your disks?
> >
> > -a
> >
> > Vincent Blondel wrote:
> >
> > >Andy,
> > >
> > >If I compare your disks with those I have in my
> > >server, you got no problems with
> > >
> > >ST318406LC ( Cheetah 36es ) --> U160
> > >
> > >but you got well problems with disks
> > >
> > >ST336753LC ( Cheetah 15.3K ) --> U320 and I got
> > >problems with the same disks ( just 18.4 G0
> instead
> > of
> > >36.7 Go but I don't know firmware revision of my
> > disks
> > >... )
> > >ST318453LC ( Cheetah 15.3K ) --> U320.
> > >
> > >So if we look at Cheetah 15.3K specifications,
> > these
> > >disks are U320 interface and SCSI RAID Controller
> > >5400s is a U160 interface.
> > >
> > >So, maybe problems come from this or other
> > >specifications in the Cheetah 15.3K product.
> > >
> > >vincent

> > and

> similar

> where