Problem with Adaptec card

Jim Webster jwebster at kbtoys.com
Wed Aug 6 16:04:01 CDT 2003

Hi-

I have a Dell 1650  running SuSE 8.0 with 2 different Adaptec cards.
 The first card, a 29160, has the internal drives hanging off the
internal connection off that card.  The second card, a 2944UW, has a
tape drive attached and now will not boot.  I cannot see the tape drive
and get the following error:

aic7xxx_abort returns 0x2002

I searched gooooooogle and found that I should put in my lilo.conf
"acpi=no".  I did this and now at least it boots, but nadda on seeing
the tape drive.  Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks-
Jim