Dellomsa-drivers on Debian 2.4.20 kernel

Lukas Kubin kubin at opf.slu.cz
Wed Aug 6 06:45:01 CDT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

> HI,
>
> On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Lukas Kubin wrote:
>
> > I have troubles installing package dellomsa-drivers_4.90-3825_i386.deb on
> > Debian 2.4.20-3-686-smp kernel.
> > When installing it returns: "Building device driver for running kernel
> > [FAILED]" and "Running kernel is not supported". Recently I installed
> > these drivers without troubles on similar machine (PE 4600) and on
> > custom-compiled 2.4.20 kernel.
> > Can anyone give me an advice how to solve this?
>
> Surely. Again and again.
>
> ln -s linux /usr/src/linux-`uname -a|tr -s ' '|cut -f3 -d' '`

Shouldn't this be switched? I mean:
ln -s /usr/src/linux-`uname -a|tr -s ' '|cut -f3 -d' '` linux

However, this doesn't help. On this server I don't have a compiled kernel.
I have that one from debian package. I downloaded kernel-source package
but it's not enough. What is the installer looking for? Is there any other
kernel package I should install to solve it? Or do I have only way to
compile kernel by myself?
It would be no problem but I don't want to restart the server.

Thanks.

lukas

> Cheers -e
> --
> Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke at gwdg.de, em at kki.org)

- --
Lukas Kubin

phone: +420596398285
email: kubin at opf.slu.cz

Information centre
The School of Business Administration in Karvina
Silesian University in Opava
Czech Republic
http://www.opf.slu.cz