PE2650 / Perc 3Di crash

James Bourne jbourne at mtroyal.ab.ca
Tue Aug 5 20:45:38 CDT 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Salyzyn, Mark wrote:

> Deanna no longer works for Adaptec :-(. I have been instructed to replace
> her duties regarding the aacraid and dpt_i2o drivers for Linux.
>
> 2.4.22-pre6-ac1 has 100 ...
>
> James Bourne has already indicated that with 100, the problem still occurs.
> Can someone experiment with, lets say, 64 on an offending system? Adaptec

Hi,
I've updated my 2.4.20 to aacraid driver from 2.4.22-pre10 and changed
AAC_NUM_IO_FIB to 64 in this build.  I'll also turn write caching back on
in the controller as we know that is required to cause a crash (or
at least I've not been able to crash the crontroller/driver without it on).

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."