Latest release of BCM5700 driver for PE2650

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Tue Aug 5 15:34:00 CDT 2003

syn uw wrote:

> I have a Dell PowerEdge 2650 with integrated Broadcom Gigabit NetXtreme NICs
> (BCM5700) and would like to know where I can find the latest version of the
> BCM5700 drivers ?

there are 'several latest':
latest latest: http://www.broadcom.com/docs/driver-download.html
dell supported: http://support.dell.com/

> I am asking this because it is still not part of the Linux kernel (as of
> 2.4.21) I think and I just wanted to make sure I am using the latest.
> Currently I am using the drivers which I compiled from the
> bcm5700-4.0.2.tar.gz package file.

bcm5700 never will be into kernel, tg3 is the official LiNUX driver.
give a try to tg3 is much better code than bcm5700

regards,
--
Software is like sex, it's better when it's bug free.