Latest release of BCM5700 driver for PE2650

Tue Aug 5 12:23:01 CDT 2003

>BroadCom is actively supporting tg3 development.  If there are bugs,
>please let us know about them.

Since they are actively supporting, why not merge the best of both and
go to one.  I was informed by a little birdy flying around that bcom
has actively engaged a kernel developer to clean up bcm5700 and that
is what redhat is supposed to officially support for Dell and broadcom
adapters in upcoming adv server errata kernels.

Officially I was told that we support bcm5700 on as 2.1 end of story.
I'm not going to divulge any names or anything but this is where the
info of broadcom utilizing kernel developer to clean the bcm and get it
back into the mainstream kernels at redhat came from.  I know you work
for redhat so is that the truth or not.  I voiced concerns that different
info keeps getting presented and now this still continues.

Jeff is broadcom going to integrate the codes and are you that developer
or am I getting incorrect information?

I don't want to start any flames but this is a very confusing topic for
customers as well as what is working and what is not working.
Steve