DLT tape errors

Mark Watts m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com
Tue Aug 5 10:40:00 CDT 2003

> From: Mark Watts [mailto:m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com]

> the

> controllers

> SCSI

> etc.)

> >Ah! I wish my Dell rep had said something earlier... We had a devil of a
> >problem getting a 112T DLT1 Autoloader working on a 2650... I eventually
> >stuck an AHA 2940 U2W in it and its been fine ever since...
>
> A little bit more information for you on the PV112T.
>
> The Dell PV112T 1U Rack Mount Tape Drive is supported under the following
> configuration.
>
> One Channel per Controller (Meaning one tape drive per controller).
>
> Also, the only "2" Tape drives that are available for this unit is:  DDS4
> and DLT (VS80).
>

> Hope this helps...

Sorry, I got the model wrong - we had issues with a 120T 7 slot DLT1
Autoloader and the Perc 3/Di card on a 2650, not a 112T (those are connected
to additional U160 Cards in some of our other servers.)

I assume that it would be resonable to connect both drives to the same chain
on the same scsi card? (thats what scsi is for after all)

- --
Mark Watts
Senior Systems Engineer
QinetiQ TIM