PE2650 / Perc 3Di crash

James Bourne jbourne at mtroyal.ab.ca
Tue Aug 5 09:29:10 CDT 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Salyzyn, Mark wrote:

> If this is the case ... AAC_NUM_IO_FIB defined in
> drivers/scsi/aacraid/aacraid.h which was originally set to 512, and is
> reduced to 116 in the 2.4.19 generic variant of the driver might have to be
> reduced. The 2.4.20 driver has this value *increased* to 512 (!!!!)

Interesting.  I'm currently using the aacraid driver from 2.4.21-ac4 and
it has the following defines section:

#define MAXIMUM_NUM_CONTAINERS   31
#define MAXIMUM_NUM_ADAPTERS  8

#define AAC_NUM_FIB     578
//#define AAC_NUM_IO_FIB   512
#define AAC_NUM_IO_FIB     100

#define AAC_MAX_TARGET     (MAXIMUM_NUM_CONTAINERS+1)
//#define AAC_MAX_TARGET   (16)
#define AAC_MAX_LUN     (8)

This is still causing problems with timeouts (with write cache off) and
will crash with write cache on...

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."