DLT tape errors

Jeremy_Sheard@Dell.com Jeremy_Sheard at Dell.com
Tue Aug 5 08:40:01 CDT 2003

>From: Mark Watts [mailto:m.watts at eris.qinetiq.com]

>I've had an insane number of problems getting tabe drives to work from the
>PERC cards (basically they dont) and had to resort to using pci scsi cards.

Mark,

Dell does not test nor validates attaching a Tape Drive to Raid controllers
as this could lead to several possible issues and/or problems. (i.e. SCSI
timeouts, hardware lockups, Degraded performance on your raid array, etc.)
You will always want to attach Tape Drives to a seperate SCSI controller
(Embedded: AIC-7899, PCI: 39160, 2940U2W).

Regards,
Jeremy Sheard
DELL Server Support