Latest release of BCM5700 driver for PE2650

Martin A. Brown mabrown-dell at securepipe.com
Tue Aug 5 08:35:01 CDT 2003

 : Mhh what's that boding module ? Does it do fault tolerance ? Currently
 : I have my two cards plugged into a switch but only one has an IP
 : address, the other network card is configured as spare in case the
 : first network card fails, then it switches to the second network card.
 : Can bonding do that ?

Yes.

 : And is bonding part of the Linux kernel ?

Yes.

See Documentation/networking/bonding.txt in the kernel source tree.

I have a VERY scant bit of documentation here, which basically rehashes
the canonical stuff from the text file mentioned above (I haven't had
time yet to thoroughly document how high-availablility bonding works):

  http://linux-ip.net/html/ether-bonding.html
  http://linux-ip.net/html/ether-bonding.html#ether-bonding-ha

Good luck,

-Martin