faster 2650s with Ultra320

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon Aug 4 15:21:01 CDT 2003

I just got a new 2600 with the 533 bus and all
else being equal (raid 10 with four 36 gb
ultra 320 drives), it was maybe 5% faster than
our old 2600's with 400 MHz bus.  Our very
older 2600's with ultra 160 drives are not any
slower on disk though so I don't think you'll
gain much by just going ultra 320 from 160
unless you're actually using a type of raid
capable of moving that much data, which on
the power edges tends to be just raid 0 with
a decent number of drives.

David